Taj Ultimate is a two-day Ultimate tournament open to all qualifying teams. While the competition can at times be stiff, players of any skill level, age, and playing experience are encouraged to enter. Anyone can play!
Rules of Play
All games will be executed according to the World Flying Disc Federation Ultimate Rules. However, the following rules differ from the standard rules:
- Please see the schedule for the length of games. On both days, if 15 points are scored by one team the game will end immediately.
- Day 1 games that are tied after the end of regulation play will end as a draw. Day 2 games that are tied after the end of regulation minutes will have sudden death overtime starting with a new flip and throw-off. This overtime will continue until one point is scored.
- There will be one 1-minute time-out per team per game.
- All teams will be required to scorekeep and time their own games.
- All teams must have at least 7 players.
- Taj Ultimate is a co-ed tournament. At any time, there must be at least three members of either sex on the field.
- It is not required to "match" the number of players of each sex (for example, even if the offense is playing four women and three men, the defense may play four men and three women).
The tournament will commence on the Saturday with round-robin matches, and conclude with a round of finals on the Sunday.
Rules of Conduct
Taj Ultimate is a tournament to promote good will between players in the Japanese and foreign Ultimate communities, as well as residents of the Tajima Area. Any conduct that would contradict this objective, especially illegal activity such as drug use, trespassing, or vandalism, will result in disqualification from the tournament without refund.
Alcohol: Taj Ultimate is BYOB. No alcohol of any kind will be provided by tournament staff and volunteers at any activity associated with the Taj Ultimate Tournament. Consumption of alcohol is permitted and the committee encourages all tournament participants and spectators to enjoy themselves in a responsible fashion, but the tournament is not licensed to distribute, sell, or offer alcoholic beverages to any attendee.
Tobacco: Smoking at all tournament-related activities will be restricted to designated "smoking areas." Ashtrays will be provided in these designated locations, which will be identified by tournament staff on the day of the event. We ask that smoking participants and spectators respect these regulations for the benefit of their fellow attendees.